||Jose de Abreu
Criteria for qualification for WESPAC (erstwhile WSC) seats:
India has been allocated 2 seats at the WESPAC in Perth, Australia. We have decided to keep the selection criteria based on the ratings, which have been well established over the last 9 years:
1. The top 2 ranked players as per the SAI ratings at the end of the selection period, meeting the remaining criteria below will represent India at the WESPAC.
2. The selection period will be the ‘Scrabble year’ starting after Nationals last year i.e. after 2nd June 2014 and up to the end of the Nationals this year, excluding the recently announced WSL (Wordaholix Scrabble League).
3. Only players having played a minimum of 50 games during the selection period are eligible.
4. Only players that have played in at least 1 of the 2 major tournaments on the circuit, the iGate in Jan and the Mumbai Nationals are eligible.
5. Only players having lived in India for at least 6 months during the selection period are eligible.
6. Only SAI members are eligible – i.e. a player should be a valid member at the end of the selection period to be eligible.
7. In case a player who has been selected cannot attend the WSC for any reason, the same has to be informed to the managing committee within 15 days after the Nationals. In this case the opportunity would go to the next highest ranked player fulfilling the criteria ad so forth.